Hello from Laura Grace Martin





Thursday 21 October 2010

My own personal investigation exploring paper manipulation further

I decided to look at the themes we were introduced to about 3D shape further in my own time. I was very inspired by the sheer range of shape that could be created through such manipulation and decided to investigate others ways these themes can be explored. I looked into tubes of paper and tried to see the effect that it created. It almost reminded me of an installation piece I find very inspiring. Entitled the singing ringing tree, its a sculptural installation piece designed by architects Mike Tonkin and Anna Liu of Tonkin Liu.Its about 3 metres tall and is made of pipes constructed in steel which utilizes wind energy to produce an eerie and evocative sound. Follow the link to view the piece they created. http://photoblog.groovyf.co.uk/index.php?showimage=193.

No comments:

Post a Comment