Hello from Laura Grace Martin





Monday 22 November 2010

Artist Peter Callesen

Callesen,P.,  2005. The Impossible Meeting.  [photograph] Acid free A4 115 gsm paper and glue

Callesen,P.,  2006. Half Way Through.  [photograph] Acid free A4 115 gsm paper and glue

As my research continued I revisited the themes of paper and came across artist Peter Callesen. I liked how he uses the very simple medium of A4 paper.
His work almost takes on an origami format and reminded me of the art processes we explored within the first few weeks of the module. The notion of process and 3D shape experimentation is prominent within his work which is also the themes I have been exploring previously.  The 3D aspects are prominent in the way the work appears to rise out of the page as he folds the pieces up and in on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment